CLASSES! or classes...

oh my! It turns out if only have 6 hrs. of class!!! 6 hrs.!! that's like one day for me last year!! I don't see how this transfers to U of T, b/c I had 3 hrs./week just for a half course! So I really have no excuse not to read w/ all this free time! It's hard to read in my room, because it can get stuffy and claustrophobic. I figure I can read in the dining Hall, the "common room" in my house, or Aleks has offered her large room to study in. Anyway, back to my classes. They are incredibly small. Politics has 60, Art History has 11, and Popular Culture 50. I really like the smaller size, because I'm actually partaking in discussions!! ME!?!? partaking in discussions! unheard of I know. I feel smarter here for some reason...maybe because I have to fill the role of being an older, mature student. haha. yah right. But I am taking 2nd yr. courses, so I am older than everyone, which is weird because I'm so used to being the youngest. Oh well, change is good, right??

In my politics class, imagine pews and at the end of each pews heavy doors to get in. There are NO AISLES! It's very strange, and slightly claustrophobic. Another annoyance with this class is that the Prof. did not make a course reader!! I spent equivalent to $10 photocopying 100 pages...and the SADDEST part is that is not even one lecture's worth!!! I will need to make awesome notes in the library so I don't have to waste my time and money photocopying. I met some nice girls in 2 of my classes, very helpful. Budding, long-lasting friendship? Possibly...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment