the new CanMERICAN!

10.03.2005

EVERYONE thinks I'm from the U.S. at first greet, which is reasonable b/c I live 2 hrs. from the border and sound very similar. Of course once they find out I'm Canadian they apologize profusely and rave about how nice and pretty Canada is. Many start to talk about a distant relative in Canada…at least they're making an effort to relate to me :) I'm running for Female VP here in Tetley Hall. Below is my campaign poster...it catches the eye I think. I've gotten people to remember my name by saying Kkkkkatherine from CCCCanadian. It has the same sounding consonants so I think it works.
I'm going to join the Hiking Club! I can't wait. They have hikes in Wales, Scotland, weekend hikes (camping) and day trips around the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. I first need to buy some proper hiking boots though, because they won't let you hike in trainers. Darn nit.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND guess what musical Tetley's putting on this year!??! GREASE! I'm SUPER EXCITED! I've always wanted to be in Grease. Maybe I'll audition for small role, I don't want to make anyone jealous...haha, yah right. I want to save myself from the embarrassment of my voice on its own and will only sing w/ the 'chorus'.
I can't believe how early Brits start drinking here, which in turn makes them go out earlier. This is important I suppose b/c the pubs close at 11pm!! 11!!! That's like Rosalia's time for going out! lol. Most clubs and bars are open until 1/2am though. My housemates and I celebrated Tom's bday Saturday night. They made yummy fondue and fresh fruit. They all got pissed (it's the UK word for hammered, drunk..) and we went to a bar. I don't think there was a dance floor, but we danced anyway. We probably looked like retards because no one else was. My housemates are very nice and do a lot of things together. I would like to get to know more of the others here at Tetley though. I'm hoping being on council will help. During meal times, the small tables are very segregated by floor/house/home in UK. I feel bad not sitting with my housemates during meals, but I'll never meet others if I do!
15 students live in my house. This is part of the 'gang'. From left, Chris, Laura, Will, Faye, and Tom in front.
Aleks and Anna.

4 Comments

Anonymous Kirsten S said...
When is the election?
PS you smell. haha

Blogger ~*Kurly Kat*~ said...
The election is on Thursday.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
K-k-k-Katie, would you be my c-c-c-comrade?
Sarsie
Anonymous Pol said...
Kruca fuks jak ja uwielbiam to dziewcze z lewej

No comments:

Post a Comment