ROBIN HOOD'S BAY -- Nov.6th

This Sunday hike was not as popular as the last...possibly because of the crap weather. We were booted off the bus in the middle of nowhere and expected to walk to the coastal area of Robin Hood's Bay. I didn't know my walk would start before the others so I didn't even have time to put my contacts on. We got off the bus in the most howling winds and rain. It actually felt like 1'000 ice pellets hitting your face because we were walking into the wind which just slapped the rain at you. It was brutal. I was so upset I didn't get to go to Whitby and see the Abbey there, a ruined cathedral type structure. Those hikes filled up first and being at the back of the bus, I got last choice. THe skies eventually cleared up, after we were soaking wet! It was a pretty flat and straight forward walk..no hills! WE frolicked in fields of heather and pretended to mud wrestle. When we got to Robin Hood's Bay, the tide was out and we walked on the "beach." In the pub, it got dark real fast and next thing you knew the water was pounding against side of the pub down below. It was nice to get back and have a nice HOT shower!
The cabbage patch kids!
My hiking group! Standing on the "standing stones"--which was really just 3 large rocks.
Louise and me mud wrestling! I totally won! haha. She started kicking mud. not cool.
Pretty flat landscape with random lonely trees. It reminded me of Africa.
Aleks the tantalizing tiger! hahaha.


Me and Ralph (German exchange student who lives across from me)

No comments:

Post a Comment