DAY 2 - Sept.15

9.15.2005

For the past three days it has been beautiful weather and I forgot how relentless Mother nature could be. I bet it’s 8 degrees or lower outside now and the rain has turned into this never-ending mist. The evil and forceful wind does not help the situation either, I’m saturated with water, cold and alone. Not a fun morning. I only talked with a few people at an info. workshop and then went shopping for some hangers/hairdryer etc. because I felt so miserable. Finally, I met another exchange student from California in the computer room at Tetley and he and I hungout the rest of the evening. Relief! I’m not the only student here feeling so alone, in the sense that it’s deserted on my residence grounds. I think it’s our location as well, because we are so far from the campus. I can’t wait until the other students move in, then it won’t be so quiet. I’m playing my music in the meantime to fill in the silence.
I really do need to buy rubber duckies soon, maybe even a poncho that goes to my shoes. Hahhaah..or not. I never thought that wearing a raincoat and carrying an umbrella you could stick out so much in this type of weather. Boy was I wrong. The locals were walking around in their t-shirts this evening with no umbrella. It’s as though they don’t even feel the nasty wind and the rain that is slowly soaking their shirt. Whatever, I’m warmer and dryer. And on that note I’m going to head in and see if I can get a better nights rest tonight…lots to do tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment