i need a phone. badly

9.16.2005

Even though the sun was shining all day today, it felt like November weather. I've clearly been in colder weather, but it's odd going from summer weather to winter weather. Oh well, I'll just have to start wearing a scarf and gloves. I've noticed all the France exchange students wear a scarf.

The city centre where I was looking around was really nice. No cars are allowed in the 2 square blocks so that's fantastic. The buildings look in good condition--not old or worn down--and it is very clean. The buses are very efficient too, which is great for me because I've been taking the bus 4-6 times a day. They come every 10 min. or less. Headingley, the area of town I live in is full of students and an older age population. There doesn't seem to be too many families at all. But the townspeople I have spoken with here are super nice and VERY helpful. I am quite impressed. They have come up to me asking if "I'm okay?" It makes me feel like I look sickly ill, but they really are asking if I need help. Probably because of the confused look on my face that doesn't go away. lol. And unlike what some of the Brits told me back home, the Leeds accent isn't that bad. It is noticably thicker than in London, but it has more character here. :)

I finally got around to look at phones today, and boy are they expensive!!! Pay as you go is about 20p/min, so that's 40 cents a min locally. Therefore £10/$21 will only get you 20min. of talking time! That's disgusting because I paid $36month of unlimited time back in T.O. I'll have to open a bank account here to get a contract plan which is cheaper, it's just a big and long hassle to open one. My £5 phonecard sucks! It's only giving me like 15 min. of talking time..which doesn't make sense because the operator said it was 2p/min. with a 5p start up fee. gahhhhhh, i'm so frustrated with it because I want to call home and talk about my mobile options. That's why I really want a mobile, because incoming calls from anywhere are free for me! wink wink!! call me whenever!!! :)..errr, just not after 8pm Canada time, b/c I'd be sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment