LEEDS -- DAY 1

9.14.2005

I am actually here! I can’t believe it!! For those of you I continually told I would not get into the programme, I was wrong. But it’s never been so good to be wrong. I still feel that if I pinch myself hard enough I’ll wake up from this dream. It just seems too unreal to actually be living in a country I could only picture and heard about in History Class. It’s truly an unbelievable feeling and I know how fortunate I am to receive this opportunity…. And then I saw my room. WOW. It’s a single room, smaller than Loretto’s single rooms I think. A square. It’s wedged between a washroom that flushes weird and a shower that has sensors to make a noise that doesn’t shut off for 5 min. when someone enters. The warden (super don) told me it used to be the estate of a wealthy family and my area of the house used to be the servants area. Of course, I would NEVER let a little (haha it’s a pun) thing like that put a downer on my day. I walked around campus with my dad and discovered it’s quite a large campus. It’s also a good 35 min. walk for me... I can feel my knees hurts already. Once I got settled with my bedding, reorganizing of the bed and lots of pictures and unpacking it really is a cute and cozy room. I’m know I’m going to love it. I absolutely love the grounds and surrounding areas. The trees are gigantic and green with old stone houses and walls making me feel as though I’m in a Jane Austen book. I will take pictures and put them up as soon as I get my internet. I can’t wait for the internet, or rather any human interaction for that matter. My house seems to be empty and it’s creeping me out. Supposedly there are 3 other exchange students but I don’t know where they are in the house. I actually got lost and couldn’t find the door outside. I’m just glad nobody saw me trying to open every door in frustration. I went to make a phone call in the main building and that too was empty and scary. If I didn’t have a lot to read up on or pictures to decorate me room I would go crazy. Thankfully I finally heard a noise and went downstairs to the sound of the TV. I found my Warden and we talked for a bit. Afterwards I could finally sleep in peace knowing there was someone else in the house.


my room! Everyone in my house seems to have a room double the size of mine or quadruple. And they all are in singles too! Many should be in doubles but haven't got a roommate. It gets really hot in here. But I'm scared to leave the window open when I sleep because they scared me about always closing your window for there are a lot of thefts.....even though I'm on the second floor, still, maybe thefts climb walls well.

No comments:

Post a Comment