What do vintage clothes and lip enhancement have in common?

11.15.2005

The answer is my Sunday afternoon in the city centre. First, I'd just like to mention that my house had a bonding moment on Saturday. After much kerfuffle about smelly lettuce in the fridge, we all helped clean the fridge (ok, me and Anna) but the others were encouraging us! lol. We found this really smelly chicken so we chucked it without asking whose it was b/c we were saving their health. Other than that disgusting factor, people were in the kitchen cleaning and chatting and cooking. I love dinner time on the weekends when we have to fend for ourselves, it's like a little family! Sunday we were lazy and bought a family meal from KFC. I mentioned that Colonel Saunders lived across the street from me (well before I was born) and they seemed amused for a few seconds! hahaa. I don't think they understood he started the KFC chain in America..and eventually bought a house in the suburbs in Canada (or at least I've been told that!)

Right, on to Sunday! I went with Anna to a vintage fashion fair at this swanky hotel downtown. You had to pay to get in! eghhhh! But I did b/c it looked really cute. Little did I know it was practically all dresses from like the 1920s onwards. Old, stuffy, heavy, tackey, crazy, yet some very stylish dresses. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything. My allergies were soooo bad at the end, I couldn't wait to get out of there! Stuffiness and me don't get along very well.

Anna and I headed over to do some "normal" shopping at H&M. Can I just say I love that store!! It's so eclectic, as in carries so much different, neat things! I only managed to buy some pants (what they call underwear here in England) for like 1 pound! woooo hoooo!

Bringing me to my final point, lip enhancement. Anna and I put on this lip enhancement cream at the body shop. It was funny b/c every 5min. we kept joking to each other, commenting on our voluptuous lips and how they were growing! hahaha. Supposedly it brings the water to the surface of your lips and that is what gives you the "enhanced" look. We even took a picture! lol. See the difference?
(btw, I was trying soooo hard not to laugh in this picture! I'm a horrible actress. :(

That night (Sunday Nov.13th) Tetley Hall had an open mic night! It reminded me of Kelly's Korner!! It was reallly cute! lights, and hot chocolate, and muffins, and good music!! It was fabulous! What a weekend! :D

1 Comment
Anonymous said...
na I can get the same effect by eating peppered steak. My lips swell up and I have swollen lips that don't look very sexy . Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment