things are falling into place...

8.15.2005

My new home! # 07 Moor Grange, Tetley Hall, Moor Road, Leeds LS6 4DB

I have recently found out that I'll be living in this beautiful, old Victorian house 2.5 miles from campus. It is catered, but I only get 14 meals a week, so I better learn how to cook or I'll be eating cold sandwiches (which is most likely b/c that will probably be cheaper). It is a co-ed residence with 5 other houses and a block for 100 students on the property, so there's no chance I'll get lonely. I still haven't found out if I have a roomate, but I'm sure I'll find that out in due course.All that's left for me to do now is pack! :S eak. I'm NOT a light packer...just going to a friend's sleepover makes me look like I'm staying for a week! Hopefully I don't go over the weight restrictions on the plane b/c it's $50! I really should find a pair of cool looking rainboots b/c a little birdie told me it rains everyday over there. And then I ask myself, why do I want to go to place w/ no sun? I think it's those darn Jane Austen movies that make England so romantic, and the beautiful rolling countryside, as well as the rich history outweigh the lack of sun. I wonder if I will still be as shocked by the difference in weather...I'm also curious to hear if the Yorshire English accent is as different as some have told me. I bet I'll come back with an odd accent that I won't be able to notice!


Bill Guloien said...
Have a fun time in England, work hard but enjoy!!!Uncle Bill
3:22 PM
Bill & Janet said...
Sunday am Septl8/05Woke up early today and didn't want to wake the family so I retreated to the computer and filled my time reading your blog.really enjoyed myself. Keep looking right first.Love Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment