BSB in London

I know! You're thinking, "what was she thinking?" But you have to remember I've loved the Backstreet Boys since 6th grade..well really just Brian Littrell who has an amazing voice. Anyway, the trip back to London started off shaky. After telling Dave and Sarah (both from mainblock 1st flr.) that the #28 went to the bus station, I realized this wasn't the bus I took before. I didn't think it would travel all the way south of the city first and wait at another residence for 10min! OOOOOOPPS! We JUST made the coach when we were finally dropped off at the bus station. I managed to screw up directions a few times, that they didn't want to trust my opinion anymore. hahaha. The bus ride was pretty long, I'm not going to lie-4.5 hrs. I couldn't bring myself to read, which would have been a great idea because now I'm behind in my readings.

Dave's friend met us at the Victoria tube station and we took the tube to a station closer to his residence. Robyn (Dave's friend) said a 10 min. walk..but it was more like 20! I felt real bad for Sarah because she had the most massive bag ever! Robyn even said "I feel for youwith your heavy bags" Sarah and I just look at eachother thinking "why don't u feel our bags by carrying them for us!" we made it! And the walk along the river Thames was once again breathtaking. I was still pinching myself I was in London. I swear, I better start believing I'm living in England, rather than telling myself "i swear, 1 one day I'm going to live in England"..when in fact i'm here for 10 months!

The concert was a good 30 minutes by subway. The three of us were lead to seats that weren't ours..but we stood their anyway because they were closer. It was interesting..watching these older guys dancing to their old songs. It was almost like a reunion show! Nonetheless, I was close to Brian! hahaha. Their new songs were slower and I didn't know them..but I still knew their old ones word for word. There were quite a lot of guys and not too many younglings. Dave's phone happened to die after the concert so we had to wait for Robyn in the rez. foyer.

Friday we didn't get moving until well after noon. We walked to St. Pauls which you had to pay £8 to go in so we opted not to. Last time I went I was there around 4:30, and you didn't have to pay! We walked all the wall to Hyde Park, through Buckingham Palace and Green Park. Sarah and I bought tickets for Fame (the musical) for the 5:30pm show. There were some catchy dance moves and funny parts, but the music wasn't anything great. They repeated a lot of songs, and all the guys voices were high and sqeaky weird accents. That night we went to this elite club, £15 for guys to get in! Free for girls! hahaha. But then it was £8/drink! gahhh! That's $16 for one drink!! holy smoke! I did buy one for Dave b/c he bought the pre-drinking alcohol, which I still owe him for that now that I think about it. Lots of dancing and running around trying to find Sarah, we managed to leave the club by half 2 against Sarah's wishes. My feet were killing though and I couldn't stand anymore. Of course, I didn't bring my phone with me, and with Dave's being dead we couldn't get into Robyn's room because he supposedly wasn't there. We all passed out in the hallway, and a few hours later Robyn's friend came by and low and behold, Robyn was in his room the whole time!!!!! we were so mad. and to top things off Robyn came out and locked the door on us for another 15min. while he went with his friend!!! WTF!? I was just thinking the whole time that it will soon be over and I can't wait to Phil and Tommy the next day in Lancaster! :)

Hyde Park--it's sooooooooo big! My goodness! We didn't get to walk around the whole thing...next time :)
Cute wall paintings in walking tunnels around Hyde Park with historical information. woo hoo!
Sarah and me getting ready for Tantra (the club).
"the Mall" leading up to Buckingham Palace. It reminds me of Washington DC.
Dave and Sarah with St. Paul's Cathedral in the background


1 Comment
Anonymous maria brunello said...
hey kat!
yea i followed the link on facebook... lol i have severe issues with procrastination!
btw, i went to the BSB concert in toronto. with ainsley. so there's nothing to be ashamed of - all the cool kids are doing it. it sounds like you're having a blast in the u.k.! i'm really glad but don't forget to come back. :)
love, maria

No comments:

Post a Comment