HALLOWEEN!!!

11.03.2005

Faye working hard carving our super cool pumpkin!

Me, Eugene, and the finished result.
Don't ask me what I'm doing...I don't know

Some of my housemates: Eugene, Aleks, Matt, Tom and me behind.

Most nights are halloween here to say the least. People dress up silly and get really drunk on Otley runs..it's the name of the main street where people basically bar hop. You never know what weird costumes you'll see! Although, here, they call is "fancy dress" and it always throws me off b/c I think they are talking about tuxedos/formal attire. Needless to say, it's not the popular here and when Faye and I carved out pumpkin for the "bop" at Tetley, she admitted she'd never carved a pumpkin before! Ohhh what a sad childhood! haha. I had to sit at the head table on stage with other Execs from my council. We sat with the wardens, and manager, and sub-wardens...but the plus was that we got more wine up there! People started leaving after the games b/c the DJ had not shown up yet!! The council and I were running around looking for him, and trying to tell others to come back! The downstairs eventually started to fill, but I think it could've been much better executed on the whole. Oh well, it was lots of fun :) I'm pretty proud of my costume that I pulled together in like one hour. I even managed to spray paint cardboard gold for my "necklace". The only down fall is that now I have a big scrap on my neck. More battle scars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment