BRISTOL--Sept.22

After the first bus to Bristol was full, I had to trek back to Headingley and book my ticket online. There was this moron agent who was useless and ignorant and misinformed me. He does not belong in the customer service business. On the bus ride a sat beside a very nice girl and we chatted the whole way. She had a thick northern accent and it took 4 tries to correctly pronounce her name..Carla. It sounded like she was saying Kala.

I arrived safely and met past British exchange student Duncan at the station. Only the station I was dropped off at was not the one where I told Duncan to meet me, so I had a bit of a trek. And if I thought that was a trek, I was wrong. It was all uphill to Duncan's flat! A GOOD 20min. walk. We made it in one piece and I honestly went to bad soon after I was so tired. It didn't help I was out until 3am the previous night. Look at a map of where I went:
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx

It was a rainy Bristol when I awoke. Duncan blamed it on me. But his kitchen smelled, so I blamed that on his old, rotting milk. Eventually we made it outside in the miserable weather to the popular suspension bridge. We walked across it and that was about it...lol, not anything special. Duncan said that many people try and jump off it and surprised to only break their legs b/c of the silt (or something like that) and when the ambulance arrive, they have a go at the paramedics.

A pigeon flew into the pub where we were eating. I thought it was quite funny. It startled a man sitting by the window. I would have peed my pants if I was him..I don't like pigeons...And then we just walked around the hilly city. Not much else. It was nice and green, with a river running through it, and on a good day, one could see Wales from the bridge.

The steep hill up to the University entrance (the tower).
St. Peter's Church which was bombed in the World Wars. It looks complete from this angle, but weed were growing inside the ruined walls. Cute park and ruins of Bristol Castle right around here as well.
Look at the second posting on the left. I have no idea... hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment