EXAMS

1/17/06

I arrived back in England on Wed. Jan.4. It was a long journey. ugh. As usual I managed to do no work on the plane, and didn't have an enthusiastic exchange student to talk to as I had sitting beside me on the way back to Toronto. We discovered we were both Amazing Race fanatics and surprisingly shared a lot in common, and when he wasn't sleeping we ended up chatting a whole lot. I find it so inspiring meeting other young travellers and learning about where they've been. It makes me want to travel Europe, or live on a glacier in Greenland, or train it across America. All in due time I suppose...but I want to do it now! Also on my plane to Toronto for Christmas I met Andy Greenhow!!!! He goes to St. Michaels College like me and is attending Nottingham for his studies this year. We didn't have the chance to meet up, but we're both so busy. It wasn't until 7 hours into the flight that I stand up walk round a bit, and who is 2 seats behind me on the other side of the plane, but mr. Greenhow! It was the most random coincidence EVER! Andy has such charisma, it's hard not to get on with him. Again, an inspiring young traveller that ceases to amaze me.

I was sooooooooooo happy to have my housemates move back come Saturday afternoon. Who would have thought the sound of someone walking about the house would be so nice to hear. The exams went well I think...I won't get my marks back until Feb.14. My essays, I don't know when, but I'm a bit nervous to see what I got. My housemates and I went to Fruity on a Friday night. It was such good fun, lots of dancy/happy music. It's at the Union, so it's always popular and packed with students every Friday. We hung out a lot during exams (actually I shouldn't say that). *cough* I mean I studied a lot during my exam period. Nevertheless, it was good to have some house bonding. :) yeahhhhh!!! Anna, Faye, Aleks and I also starting watching the '95 BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. We all sighed at Mr. Darcy, and then when Elizabeth's head shot came on screen Faye sighed, it was soooo funny. WE all laughed at her. Faye's defense was that she forgot what Lizzie look like.

Jacob from Nigeria
Eugene from Russia

Chris, Aleks, and Will (with the Canadian beer I brought back!) They actually liked it. I wanted to bring back Alexander Keiths, a better Canadian beer than Molson's, but they didn't sell it at the airport. Oh well. Next time perhaps. :P
Aleks the drama queen! what a goof. But I have to hand it to her, she could get far acting becuase she's very believable! :P
drunk Ralph wearing my handbag. lol, he didn't want to give it back to me, oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment