SNOWDONIA -- SUNDAY NOV. 20

Sunday was the most amazing day! I know I say that a lot, but then you're climbing on your hands and knees up a steep and exposed mountain side, with nothing but a helmet and your grip of the rocks, it's pretty thrilling. Also nerve-racking, terrifying, and heart-wrenching at points--but still an unbelievable feeling! My group was 8 different people, me being the 9th, and they were sooo funny! I don't remember anything of what was said, but I remember laughing so hard at the random jokes and comments. Mark kept standing on these sticking out rocks like in the Lion King and posing. I said he was like Leoglas and laughed my head off at my own joke, which in turn made Sam think I'm crazy!! But he had a holey ass so it's ok. hahaha. I was walking behind him most of the time so I have a lot of pictures of his butt! I was trying to get a feel for the angle we were climbing, but the pictures just don't capture it and how terrifying it was to look down.

The guys kept saying lines from movies, as all guys have a gift for memorizing lines from movies. But I'd have to say half the conversation of the day was taking the piss out of me, my accent, my North American culture, and my loud giggling. So many questions! geeesh! I felt like I was being grilled from everyone about how things differ in Canada and how we say certain words. To me, it's not that interesting in Toronto--b/c it's just a big metropolitan city. I hate when people say "oh, you're from Canada, you should be used to the cold"!!! I HATE THAT! I DO NOT live in an igloo, I DO NOT go for long walks in -20 weather, nor does it get THAT cold all the time. I also had to tell them that there's really not a lot of mountains in Canada, except for the West coast, And seeing as I don't even live close to there, I'm still a novice when it comes to climbing mountains.

Someone kept passing horrible stenches, and I always seemed to be downwind of them. yuck! Mickey, our leader, was like a speeding bullet! On the way down I tried to keep up with him, but he was too fast, and it's not fun walking by yourself. After having an emotional goodbye to the Cantelever (hehe, not really, but I did really think it was fabulous) we ended up climbing the same mountain as the day before, just a steeper--scramble--way up. That means I climbed 2 mountains peaks of 3000ft. each in 1 day!! WOO HOOOO!

Tryfan -- I climbed that!!

A closer-up -STEEPER- view of Tryfan.
Taking a much needed break...


Mark jumping across "Adam and Eve" --two large boulders on the top of Tryffen.

Sadly this is not me, but I took it! This is Rachel and I absolutely LOVE this picture! I'm telling you, it was serious scrambling in some parts!
Sam's holey ass! I kept saying the hole in his trousers kept getting bigger!
Another break...haha.


Sam, steepness, and Dave at the bottom.
Herdie (that's his nickname--it's came from a type of sheep) on the Cantelever. I love this picture! That rock held all 9 of us! It was like magic! hehe.
living on the edge :)

For some reason the part I keep laughing about is on the drive home when Andy, who was sitting beside me eating pizza, all of a sudden dropped his head and his pizza fell out of his hand. I turned to look and asked if he just fell asleep eating pizza?? HAHAHHA. He denied it, but it sure looked like it! lol. And of course you can't have a proper drive back without Ozz's cheesey upbeat music and someone dying to use the toilet. Dave P ran so fast out of the car we just all sat and laughed at him running before getting out ourselves. Someone said "I think he doesn't need a nickname anymore, Dave P is just fine" HAHAHAHA. GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment